WHY SUPPORT ISRAEL?
1) The nation of Israel is special to and dearly loved by God. As believers, we are called to love what God loves.
"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt." Deuteronomy 7:6-8
2) Jerusalem is the only city on which God chose to place His name.
“But now I have chosen Jerusalem for my Name to be there…” 2 Chronicles 6:6
3) The Lord established His unconditional, everlasting Land Covenant, including specific dimensions, with Abraham, father of the Jews (Genesis 15). It will be fulfilled!
4) We desire God’s blessing. In Genesis 12:2-3, God declared,
"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
God has and will continue to fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel, and woe to any person or nation who seeks Israel’s harm. History affirms that God has kept His word. Nations that have supported Israel have been blessed; nations and civilizations that have stood against Israel have been destroyed. No nation in history has supported Israel like the United States - the most blessed nation on earth. We pray this will continue!
5) All of the Christians' spiritual foundations originally came through the Jewish people. God’s eternal purpose was to bless the world through Israel.
- The Bible was written by Jews.
- The prophets and the patriarchs were all Jewish.
- The concept of a Messiah is solely Jewish.
- Salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22).
- The Savior, Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew), was Jewish. Yeshua was promised by the Jewish prophet, Jeremiah (Jeremiah 31:30-34).
- The 12 disciples and apostles were all Jewish, as well as the first few thousand followers of Jesus. The first “church” was made of entirely of Jews.
- The one who plants his feet on the Mount of Olives will be a glorified Jew (Zechariah 14:4).
6) The apostle Paul exhorted the Gentiles to support the Jews in their giving.
"For if the Gentiles have shared in their (the Jews) spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things." Romans 15:27
While we may not support everything Israel does as a nation,
we unquestionably should support Israel in any way we are called, especially in her right to exist.